Self Service Planning and Analysis leveraging BPC Standard on HANA
About the Client:
Our client is a Fortune 500 corporation which designs, develops, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells heavy machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network.
Our client experienced the following challenges with their Oracle’s Essbase legacy planning and analysis tool:
- The Corporate Accounting group worked independently and they required a system that allows flexibility, has mature planning features and performs better than their legacy solution.
- The legacy system was no longer compatible with current IT strategy with support for current version ending in 2017.
- The legacy system was prone to security risks.
- The legacy system required customization to provide all capabilities required by the customer.
- The legacy system was not aligned to the current corporate strategy and did not integrate well with the SAP platform.
- To reduce change management efforts, the client wanted to keep templates and reports as close as possible to the legacy templates.
Solution Offered by TekLink :
Our client needed TekLink’s expertise in configuring, designing and implementing transitioning data structures from Oracle’s Essbase to SAP BPC 10.0 on HANA. We provided the following:
- Architected a solution to give the corporate accounting department control and flexibility they expected.
- Defined a template and report development approach to replicate the look and feel of reports to reduce change management efforts.
- Established template improvements to ease the maintenance process and reduce errors.
- Experienced planning and analytics resources specialized EDW and data integration.
- Extensive parallel testing with legacy system to ensure data and reporting accuracy.
- Finance Functional & ERP (ECC) knowledge.
- Implemented solution to control the submission process using BPC features for on-time closing.
- Migrated 11 years of historical data including historical master data and original and re-aligned transactional data.
- On-site expert technical support during and after the transition to SAP BPC leveraging deep TekLink’s experience in both legacy and current SAP and non-SAP Planning Solutions.
- Proven EPM methodology developed & refined over 10 years.
- Proven track record of on-time, on-budget and on-value delivery.
- Simplified rollover process for year over year by improving the model design and leveraging TIME dimension and Dimension properties.
- Used our Key Decision Methodology to design a system that would meet all our client’s requirements.
Outcomes and Benefits:
Our client realized the following outcomes and benefits:
- Achieved significant cost saving for the implementation by leveraging and on-site offshore team mix without sacrificing quality or increasing project timeline.
- Data integrity tested for accuracy with legacy system throughout the entire transition process with no critical issues uncovered.
- Dramatic performance improvements realized- 1.5 to 2 hours Legacy consolidated reporting process reduced to less than 10 minutes in SAP BPC!
- Elimination of legacy system fees after transition to SAP BPC was complete.
- Followed client’s enterprise security standards in SAP BPC.
- TekLink project team met all deadlines leveraging clients staff involvement only when needed.
“We would like to thank our Systems Integrator, TekLink for making the transition to SAP BPC a success”